Monday, December 29, 2014

Ejin's 2014 - in pictures

Tinggal 2 hari lagi before we end 2014 ..this year flies so fast ...pejam celik pejam celik dah ujung tahun ..tapi jiwa ini tetap tersa muda gila ...hahahaha ....like i mentioned before, i was reflecting on what did i learn in 2014 ..what did i do in 2014 (selain kerja kerja kerja) ..i know i had my ups and downs (well, who doesnt!) but i also know that i am blessed in so many ways ..

kampung halaman ku di 2014



so, here's my 2014 in pictures!

January - the craziness of submitting my PhD proposal, yang bakal menentukan whether I can proceed with PhD or not. So, it was  busy busy start to the year! But I had a great NY party with the gang to usher in 2014 :-) New Year with Nabil and the architecture gang at Aro Valley with lots of fun memories ..despite busy tu, I often took day off or half day to explore the beach - especially Jan is warm, and it is summer! ooo and we had one big quake in Jan lol ..the one at Etekehuna ...i was in my office when i happened ...on a sunday ..kak shidah came to my place and soh aku temankan dia malam tu hehe both tak nak sorang2 ...

during one of the break from work ..melencong gi Lyall Bay in the afternoon pas grocery shopping - then masuk opis lagi :-)

February - I got my result...candidature confirmed! happy news but i was then busy with human ethics application. And i have to move to a new place plak tu ..turn out that was a great move. My new flatties, Berna and Yanan are two awesome people and we had a great time ...


March - sibuk with my preparation to go home for data collection. Was supposed to leave mid marh but delay sebulan ...so masa nie memang aku spent 10 hours in the office ...but kuar parties masih seperti biasa :-) went to the International Women's Day - a British High Commission and WWW4 Peace function is one of the highlight ...


April - I am leaving for 3 months to do my fieldwork ..so sebelum tu I had a series of farewell parties - gaya cam nak balik for good! It was then I realised that I am blessed with so many good friends ...and having friends are good - they keep me grounded, keep me motivated, keep me company ...and i love each and everyone of them  .....

one of the farewell parties - with some of my awesome friends but now half of them are gone, the finished their respective studies ..beberapa kerat jer tinggal

May - I spent most of May in Kapit - my case study area. A very hectic month ..rushing sana sini sebab mengejar waktu ..but pengalaman yang sangat berbeza ...and banyak le aku naik sampan ke ulu ke hilir ...


June - spent two weeks with family. I sempat Gawai at the longhouse, and my sister and Umang pun balik to spent time with me ...but I cut short Gawai trip sebab nak kena start lagi my work di Kapit ....so was in Kapit till end of June ...




July - I was back in Kuching in time for birthday Al ...and then balik ke Welly a week after that ..nak singgah KL pun tak sempat sebab jadual memang tersangat lah pack nya ...and after 2 nights di Welly, aku terus gi holiday with Berna ke Nelson, Golden Bay, Farewell Spit and Abel Tasman ...a wonderful holiday indeed ,..my first ever hiking trip lol and in the winter plak tu!


 sunset at Pohara Beach, Takaka

Abel Tasman

August - I started my study again - selepas 3 bulan away, and selepas 2 minggu bercuti ...it is a hard month ...sebab nak carik balik momentum yang hilang ....officemate helped a lot - in terms of encouragement, motivation and just being there ....ooo, also my second raya di Welly - went to a few open houses :-) and lots of parties - farewell parties for my flatmates ..the birthday parties for friends ...aku masa ni kan tak sibuk sangat, so memang every weekend ada jer joli ..potluck and gathering ...

 pagi raya with the girls ...

french moustache themed party for Nabil's birthday

September - my"low-key" birthday month hahahaha ..malas nak cerita sebab dah buat posting on that ..but it was a great month of fun and parties and outing ...as well as mula busy with data entry at this point! Also had weekend outings to Tulip Festival nd to Castlepoint this month too

 Castlepoint - just perfect! macam poskad


October - weekdays spent 8-9 hours di opis ....weekend di spend berjalan jalan ...to Makara, to Red Rocks, to the Bays, around towns ...sebab masa nie, we had access to a car hahaha so berjalan jauh sket ....but weekdays memang gila babas sibuk ....

that feeling of being crushed by a giant troll ...that's how I felt most of October!

and it was halloween as well

November - this is a sad month ...my close friends semua leave this month! memang terasa sangat le ketiadaan dorang :-( but as usual before dorang pegi, we had endless farewell parties hahaha ....and I am on panic mode coz I am aiming to apply for travel and conference grant, and also to apply for conference ...giler pressure ....and everything have to be in by 20th Nov ...so, more hours in the office ...

 shu's surprise early birthday before she left for Malaysia

December - busy, busy, busy ..but the good news - I got the grant that I applied for! and my paper is also accepted at the conference ..so hard work paid off! and then back to busy, busy, busy sebab i am actually 2 month behind in my work! yesterday, the last sunday of the year - i spent it at bbq at P's place ...a great way to end the new year ..and maybe our last party there before he finish ...

 look what i got in my choclate! a sign, perhaps?

sooooo .. all in all, I think I had done quite well ...busy tak usah cakap ...but I did balance it out with fun ...and food ...and other crazieness yang tak leh dinyatakan di sini hahahaha ...what have i learn this year? I learn that there is more to life than being negative all the time, there is more to life than just focusing on one thing - work-ife balance is the key ...2015 is upon us, whether we like it or not ...I am praying and hoping that 2015 will be good to me, to all of us ....


From Wellington with love, 
Ejin xoxo

3 comments:

Liz Duan said...

i love this posting...you do have a great year..and you do have great people around you and teh place what else can i say...such a blessing...

Happy new year Ejin...better and beautiful years to come.!

fendifid said...

Meletops. Bestnya baca. Macam macam happening 2014 ni. Bertuah dapat duduk tempat cantik macam tu.
Tapi bila nko asyik kata bz bz bz...tak teringin pulak nak jadi atudent balik. Ha ha ha.

Ejin said...

I am indeed very blessed ..sometimes aku complain ajer lebih especially bil busy, but looking back ...I had an awesome year - with lovely people near and far yang keep me sane and grounded ...you guys included!

Love, love, love you guys ...Happy New Year 2015 ..bil nk datang sini weiii???