Friday, July 2, 2010

Spotting

I had brown spotting (bleeding) yesterday. I first realised it at around 2.30 during my regular visit to the loo (yes, it is getting more frequent now)...then about an hour or so later, i had like minor cramp on my left leg...and at the same time my belly feeling hot. Went to the toilet and spotted more brownish blood and for that brief moment i was panicked and sweated.....I was like " ya Allah kenapa ni?" , packed my bag and off to the hospital.

Called my gynae, he's off for umrah--great! and other gynae had left at 5pm---ahhh awesome!!...so had no choice but to book an appointment with an MO. Tried to calm myself as i have read somewhere before about spotting during early pregnancy ....it can be harmless but still can be a sign of miscarriage....i was praying hard!

Duan waited for me at the hospital.....we were directed to a Locum-i felt like fainting!...Told her we wanted to see a gynae whoever on call for taht day...she called Dr Suraya, (the doctor who delivered Adib 6 years ago) - she instructed her to prescribed me Duphaston - i think this pill is to work with the changes in hormone - and told us if it's brownish it's ok can come back the next day to scan.

That was what we did this morning , met Dr Suraya, she scanned my belly ...moving the scanner left and right...and posted me this question "are u experiencing pregnancy symptoms? and when did u say uyour last scan" and she's having this expression " betul ke pregnant ni ?"
Her face expression made me lost myself for that second and I was totally blank and unable to think and ask Duan "when was my last scan?"

....and Duan had that blank look as well...

Then suddenly, the doctor spoke, "there u go---can u see the heartbeat--that tiny little moving things"...

Ya Allah....alhamdulillah......and we witnessed the heartbeat of our little one for the first time...

So folks, if you experienced this same spotting/bleeding during early pregnancy, it is actually a common thing. It could be due to various reason , the one i experienced is called Implantation bleeding can occur anywhere from 6-12 days after possible conception. Every woman will experience implantation bleeding differently—some will lightly spot for a few hours, while others may have some light spotting for a couple of days.

But still dont take it lightly, just get yourself checked and confirmed!

4 comments:

fendifid said...

seram kan benda benda gini...legha biler takde apa apa.

Liz Duan said...

muka aku dah berubah masa doctor dok tanya tu...mmg scary...

Ejin said...

thank God takde apa apa ...take better care yea ..

soba said...

uuuuhhhhhh...berdebor laaaa baca kak long.....tp alhamdulillah.....