Sunday, April 5, 2009

MAgazines-----The whole lot of GLAM

I am a magazine freak...during my teens,I was so into REMAJA and metropolitan...who's not right esp REMAJA....like there were so many choices during that time huh!
In my 20s and early 30s, i was so hooked with Malaysian women's weekly...I guess, at that time just starting family life...keen to be this whole woman ...collecting weekly recipes which i have never tried, the urge to learn from people's experiences.....perhaps just in case...you know....married life, people's experience, raising kids...and so on... ..Along the way, I read and switched between voque...metropolitan..wanita...and nona..

Then one day , 5 years back, I saw this magazine...GLAM...this a malay fashion magazine...which can proudly stand as tall with Vogue etc..I started from the second edition wich has tiara ...I skipped the first one , i think because the first one had kudsia on it...didnt attract me....The magazine is all about high fashion...what's in what's out...nothing's serious...i get relax flip thru the pages... and they have mak datin's corner with those hot and spicy and at times kind of sad, kind of stories about the subject title..since then i said good bye to women's weekly..maybe i am pretty comfortable with my life that i dont need to read other people's experience no more....


Then they also came out with GLAM Deko....and subsequently GLAM Lelaki..my dear partner who has been sharing my magazines ever since..one day commented to get a copy of GLAM lelaki...so I bought that first copy for him...

I am not sure with you guys, but there were times I feel lost about myself pertaining my career...not knowing where I am heading to ..is this job i am holding is really what i am looking for....am i happy with what i am doing...and when i have this mixed feeling, i love reading ths MAdam's Chair...to certain extend it inspires me...
Are you seeing it... that even our kind of reading is showing the sign of aging, right?...how can we run....???erkkkkkkkk

8 comments:

fendifid said...

Magazines??? i'll passed. I only have Astro View at home. he he he

Ejin said...

i'll pass on magazines as well ...aku jenis collect novels, paperbacks especially ...but kalau book by my fav outhor, then i'll indulge myself with hardback covers as well ....

Mard said...

i read Saji & Rasa... hehehe...
READ saje... try the recipes, rasa nye tak sampai 5 kali pun. hehehe..

i'm also into Reader's Digest & Discovery Channel Magazine.

books, well... i like fantasy. so into elves, pixies, magic... hehehe

Liz Duan said...

harry porter?

Mard said...

harry potter = magic = minat
:-D

Liz Duan said...

me too...tapi i only have the final novel , yg lain cap borrow...dok suruh my boys to read HP tapi dah tgk movie,dia org malas. ..mmg dia org malas membaca...tak erti lah kite nak buat camne...as for me, besides wanting to instill the habit, i also need to find reason to buy the whole set.....gitus!

Ejin said...

Mard, sekarang dah ada saji online, tak yah beli magazine dah ....i dulu pun "collect" saji, tapi my dad yang rajin try most of the recipes

Mard said...

tahu got saji online but tak pueh la if baca yg online. technology is good but sometimes, old school gak yg best. hehehe