Friday, November 20, 2009

The BESTEST news of the year




I just want to share my happiness...my eldest son Mat Afi got 5As...I just cant describe with words my whole feeling...Honestly I know he is one smart boy but he is also well known for being a lazy bum...when i said lazy...it is not like one or two times missing his homework but he was a regular in the penolong headmaster's room. He was a target student all along but his character makes all of us were so worried...myself, duan, teachers, tok nenek etc.

Nobody knows but i had sleepless nite the nite before thursday 19th...i woke up several times looking for the time. I was supposed to take half day off but so happened i had a training and not able to skip ...so taht very early morning, i called one of the teachers (i have a few teachers' number--for my regular check on Afi)and asked him to call me once they get hold of the result. At 10 sharp, cikgu Fahmi called and this was my conversation
Cikgu: Assalamualaikum Liz, result dah ade
Myslef: waalaikummussalam...dapat berapa cikgu?
Cikgu: Liz nak berapa?
Myself: Tak pe lah berapa pun
Cikgu: Macam mana nak cakap ye...kite redha lah ini semua ketentuan Illahi...
At this moment, air mata aku dah mengalir...
Cikgu:Tahniah ...afi dapat 5As...

Can you imagine....cikgu boleh main main dgn aku....i was like tak boleh nak response right after..

I know UPSR is just peanut--tak akan menentu kan apa apa. But the world has cahnged since our penilaian darjah 5...I have a friend who told me taht she told her daughter not to embarass her of not getting 5As...but my concern is not about my own embarassment -- i dont care with what people have to say about my sons' achievement-- but i am so worried about how he's going to deal if all his friends got it and he didnt . Eventhough he repetively told me that he's redha with whatever result he would get.

I am relieved and happy beyond words ...for the first time at 30sth , i performed sujud syukur--

7 comments:

Ejin said...

cikgu tu tahu ngko mmg nervous kot hehehe ...WELL DONE mat afi ...sure abah senyum senget kan ..heheh

Ros Is said...

Tahniah!Syukur Alhamdulillah...ya kerana penilaian drjh limalah(sekarang upsr)kita melalui pengalaman yg amat2 bernilai dn berharga (pahit dan manis selama 5 thn-tapi rasanya lbh bnyk manis...)di stss....Semoga Afi akan terus menjadi ank yg berjaya di dunia dn di akhirat...

Eat said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO Afi & MUMMY!! hehehe...

Liz Duan said...

thanks to all..
Nani, kiter mintak both sekolah sains and mrsm (abah nya x mrsm) tengok lah kalau ade rezeki afi..tapi kalau ikut dia , dia tak nak gi asrama...

fendifid said...

congrates mat afi. sib baik turn kitorang 3 tahun lagi. he he he

fido said...

CONGRATULATIONS AFI!! Aunty Fid doakan Afi berjaya lg in the future!

Liz- bergenang ayaq mata aku bca posting hang... it's so sincere & a true reflection of a mom's love! Mak aku pun ckp bnda yg sama kat aku dulu- dia x kisah aper org lain nk ckp, yg ptg dia nak aku happy ngn aper yg aku dah cuba utk diri aku sendri!

Well Mat Afi....tat's 1 wonderful mom u have wit u over there!

ZZ said...

Many congratulations to both Mummy and Afi!